Viet Summer School 2015
Start from June 29 to August 6, 2015
Time total: 18 sessions, 2 hours each
Class time: 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
On: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
Robert E. Lee High School
6540 Franconia Road
Springfield, VA 22150
Class Room Map
Viet Language Classes
Traditional Viet Language Classes are organized into 7 grade levels and segregated by student age into classes Example.
The program includes the following:
- Spelling: How to read a Viet word and pronounce it correctly, and how to write correctly from hearing the spoken word.
- Vocabulary: 800 Viet words/phrases taught incrementally from Grade 1 through 6.
- Sentences: Grammatical rules taught mainly through pattern matching. Emphasis is placed on the simplest, short and loosely-structured sentences
- Reading: 26 stories in 3 levels, from simple picture stories, to 12-panel picture stories, to single page word-only stories.
- Verses, Conservations, Social Studies: Extra lessons to introduce the culture.
- For students from 6 years of age or older as of 2015-06-29.
- Student's fee is $120
SAT, ROC and POC
- SAT: $220 Prep course for SAT and preSAT - Taught by the Best and Brightest, get prepared to boost your Scholastic Aptitute test Math or Verbal scores. This summer 2015, students will be taught 16 hours or Verbal and 16 hours of Math. Classes will be segregated into two levels - Advanced and Regular - following assessments on the first day.
- ROC: $120 Robotics and Computing - Hands on! Students will be provided with an Arduino computer kit. Instructions and material provided. This summer 2015, students will have a total of 30 hours to learn from the basic to the more advanced projects, including a class project to be demonstrated to the whole school.
- POC: $50 Basic Photography - Learn the art of taking great photographs. The class will be open to parents and teenagers (at least 14 years old). The students are expected to have a camera that is more than a "Point and Shoot". In other words, "Speed", "Aperture" and "ISO" can be set manually. There will be 3 to 4 sessions on Thursdays, during the VYEA summer school. The first session will be Thursday of the first week. There will be 2 or 3 field trips in the week-ends.
Vietnamese Language for Online Learning : Before You Know It ( BYKI )