Viet Summer School 2013
June 24 to August 1, 2013
18 sessions, 2 hours each
7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
Location: Robert E. Lee High School
6540 Franconia Road
Springfield, VA 22150
Class Room Map
Viet Language Classes
Traditional Viet Language Classes.
Organized into 7 grade levels and segregated by student age into classes Example. The program includes the following:
- Spelling: How to read a Viet word and pronounce it correctly, and how to write correctly from hearing the spoken word.
- Vocabulary: 800 Viet words/phrases taught incrementally from Grade 1 through 6.
- Sentences: Grammatical rules taught mainly through pattern matching. Emphasis is placed on the simplest, short and loosely-structured sentences
- Reading: 26 stories in 3 levels, from simple picture stories, to 12-panel picture stories, to single page word-only stories.
- Verses, Conservations, Social Studies: Extra lessons to introduce the culture.
Vietnamese Language for Online Learning : Before You Know It ( BYKI )
Teaching Assistant (T.A.) program
- There is some concern regarding a health problem at Robert E Lee High School on 6/21. Ms. Gloria Addo-Ayensu, MD, MPH - Fairfax County Director of Health - affirms : "There is no risk of exposure to TB by attending any activities at Robert E. Lee High School." Click HERE for details of her letter.
- Letter from VYEA Board of Directors announces new fee Click HERE for details of the announcement.